The Bowers Rivet Height Gauge has been specially designed to measure the height of rivets used on aircraft outer skin. If the top of the
rivet is too high above or too low below the level of the rivet-hole, the streamlining of the aircraft will be affected. This wind-resistance will be magnified many times depending on the number of rivets present in the outer hull of the aircraft. The rivet-height gauge measures the height of the top of the rivet in relation to the level of the surrounding aircraft skin, enabling tolerances to be maintained and providing a valuable reference measurement to help determine the streamlining of the aircraft and the consequent effects on it’s aerodynamics and fuel efficiency.
• Rivet diameters : 3/16″, 1/4″, 5/16″, 3/8″ available as standard
• Other rivet diameters available on request
• Digital display with mm / inch conversion and preset function
• Resolution : 0.0005″ / 0.001mm
• Repeatablility +/- 0.003µm
• RS-232 data output
• Scalloped base to facilitate visual location over the rivet
• Very easy to use
• Small portable format
• Robust construction
Different diameter and contact point options are available on request.